From the Seward Highway, All-American Road, follow the Sterling Highway as it plays tag with the Kenai River, to the "End of the Road" in Picturesque Homer. The Sterling affords drivers beautiful , natural scenery as well as unlimited recreational opportunities.
- Drive along the ice blue-green Kenai Lake until you get to Cooper Landing.
- Enjoy world-class sportfishing on the Kenai and Russian Rivers.
- Kenai River float trips and hiking along the historic Resurrection Trail are two great day or multi-day adventures.
- Skilak Lake Road provides an 18-mile scenic alternate and winds through the Skilak Lake Special Management Area providing camping, canoeing and fishing opportunities.
- Visit the Cooper Landing Historical Society Museum and learn about the area's history through artifacts, newspapers and videotapes.
Questions about the Scenic Byways web site? email@example.com