The Rural Airport Assigned-Space Aircraft Parking (tiedown) Program is managed from the Northern Region Office of Statewide Aviation Leasing in Fairbanks. The office hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
2301 Peger Rd.
Fairbanks, AK 99709-5399
To rent a tiedown space you must:
- Submit a tiedown application or apply online
- Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee for each space requested
- Provide proof of aircraft ownership unless the name listed in the FAA Registry is the same as the applicant
- Own or lease an airworthy aircraft to be parked in the tiedown space
There are two options for submitting an application:
- A paper application can be submitted by mail, fax or email. We accept checks, money orders or credit cards. Credit card payments can also be made by phone.
- You may apply online using the eLeasing website and pay the $35 application fee with your Visa or Mastercard at that time. The tiedown fees can also be paid on eLeasing once the permit is processed and an invoice is generated.
Monthly tiedown fees:
There are 2 types of permits. The short-term permit is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months. It is billed every 3 months and the first three months are not refundable. The long-term permit is 5 years and is billed every six months; the first six months are not refundable. You may request to be billed annually. The first three or six months’ space rent will be due at the time the permit is issued.
At what airports is DOT&PF charging for aircraft tiedowns?
See airport list and select map of tiedown locations
Big Lake Airport
King Salmon Airport
Kotzebue (Ralph Wien Memorial) Airport
Nome City Field
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I let others use my tiedown space?
- You may not transfer, assign, sublet or loan an assigned space to another person, or allow an aircraft that is not listed on the permit in your space.
- Can there be more than one aircraft listed on a permit?
- Yes, you may list multiple aircraft with more than one owner, as long as only one aircraft occupies the space at a time.
- Can I make automatic recurring payments?
- Yes, you can be set up for auto-pay. Either submit an auto-pay authorization form or provide the payment information at the bottom of the invoice and initial to authorize automatic recurring charges.
- How do I pay my tiedown fees on eLeasing?
- The first time you make a payment online, you have to associate your customer information with the billing. You can do this at any time. When you get an invoice, below the invoice number is a contract number beginning with T. Log into eLeasing and scroll down to Look Up Contracts. Enter T and the number and select Lookup. Verify that this brought up your customer information and select "Yes".
- The next time you want to make a payment online, after logging in, scroll down to Pay Invoices where any outstanding invoices should be.
- What if I paid tiedown fees and then want to cancel the permit?
- Other than the application fee and the initial non-refundable fees, any whole months paid beyond the date of notice of cancellation will be refunded.
- Is there transient parking available?
- Transient aircraft parking is also available at the airports listed above except for Nome City Field. The fee is $5 per day after the first 24 hours for light aircraft. The fee for heavy aircraft is the greater of $10.00 or $1.00 per 1000 pounds, rounded to the nearest 1000 pounds, CMGTW of the aircraft.
- There are fee envelopes and iron ranger pay stations at each airport.